Expert at a Glance
UT Dallas to be Hub for Nanoelectronics Research Consortium
Grad Student Honored for New Microscopy Technique
Researchers Hope to Unlock Capabilities of Carbon Nanotubes
Microscope to Further Bolster Nanotech Research
- “Crystallography: Towards controlled dislocations,” ScienceDaily, October 20, 2014. (Science Daily).
- “Birth of a Nano Star,” JEOL Image Contest September and 2014 Grand Prize TEM Winner, September and December 2014. – JEOL USA Image Contest
- “REALab: Nano and Beyond Microscopy Lab – University of Texas – Dallas,” REALab
- “예술을 꿀꺽삼킨 과학 (Arts & Science),” M.J. Kim and S. Song, Sallim Books (http://www.sallimbooks.com), ISBN 978-89-522-1902-2 (in Korean) – Selected as one of Excellent Certification Science Books of the Year 2012 by Korea Foundation for the Advancement of Science and Creativity (KOFAC).
- “A Mechanistic study on the nucleation and growth of Au on Pd seeds with a cubic or octahedral shape,” G.N. He, J. Zeng, M.S. Jin, H. Zhang, N. Lu, J.G. Wang, M.J. Kim, Y.N. Xia,, Chemcatchem, 4: 1668-1674, (2012). – Cover page image (CHEMK October 2012).
- “In-situ studies on the shrinkage and expansion of graphene nanopores under electron beam irradiation at temperatures in the range of 400-1200°C,” N. Lu, J. Wang, H.C. Floresca and M.J. Kim, Carbon 50, 2961-2965 (2012). – Featured on the Cover page
- “Graphene Nano Canyon,” Solid State Technology 54(1), January 2011. – Cover page image.
- “과학은 나누면서 익히면 더 재미있어요,”동아일보, 02-11-2011 (http://news.donga.com/3/all/20110211/34735651/1) – News paper article
- “Transistor performance improves due to quantum confinement effects,” K. Trivedi, H. Yuk, H.C. Floresca, M.J. Kim and W. Hu, Physorg.com, March 21, 2011 (http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-03-transistor-due-quantum-confinement-effects.html).
- “Nanotech: not just for adults.” Melton, J. (2011, April 4). The Mercury.
- “Reading between the atomic lines.” Melton, J. (2011, July 11). The Mercury.
- “나 노에 둘러싸인 하루 (A Day with Nano),” M.J. Kim, Sallim Books (http://www.sallimbooks.com), ISBN 978-89-522-1491-1 (in Korean) – Selected as one of Science Books of the Year 2010 by Korea Foundation for the Advancement of Science and Creativity.
- “Carbon Nano Canyon,” S.Y. Park, H.C. Floresca and M.J. Kim, MRS Materials360®, 10, October 15, 2010, Image in Focus (http://engrparadise.blogspot.com/2010/10/materials360r-october-2010-volume-10.html).
- “첨단 나노장비 갖춘 버스 만들어 한국 누비고 싶다,” 중앙일보, 12-28-2010 (http://article.joinsmsn.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=4848855&cloc=olink|article|default) – News paper article
- “New FIB Fold-out Method for TEM Cross-section Sample Preparation,” H.C. Floresca, J.B. Jeon and M.J. Kim – Castaing Award, Microscopy & Microanalysis 2009 Meeting, Richmond, VA, 2009.
- “UT Dallas Re-energizes Semiconductor Nano Research with Acquisition of New JEOL Atomic Resolution Microscope,” http://www.jeolusa.com/NEWSEVENTS/PressReleases/
- “Consortium to Re-Energize Semiconductor Research,” http://www.utdallas.edu/news/2009/09/09-001.php.
- “Korea tech companies eye UTD consortium,” Dallas Business Journal, April 11, 2008.
- “UT Dallas Hub for nanoelectronics research consortium,” Research Texas, Inc., Spring 08, 12-14 (2008)
- “Highly Reproducible Single Polyaniline Nanowire using Electrophoresis Method,” I.N. Lee, H.I. Park, S.Y. Park, M.J. Kim and M.H. Yun, NANO: Brief Reports and Reviews, 3, 75-82 (2008). Featured on the Cover page.
- “Synthesis of Silver Nanoplates at High Yields by Slowing down the Polyol Reduction of Silver Nitrate with Polyacrylamide,” Y. Xiong, A.R. Siekkinen, J. Wang, Y. Yin, M.J. Kim and Y. Xia, J. Mater. Chem. 17, 2600-2602 (2007). Featured on the Cover page.
- “New Research Explores Making Electrical Contact with Nanotubes,” Scitizen, News by Scientists, http://scitizen.com, August 14, 2007.
- “No small achievement – Thinking small,” Dallas Morning News, February 4, 2006.
- “Oh say can you see … this very, very small flag?” Associated Press, July 4, 2006
- “Microscopic Flag a Test in Nanotechnology,” About 80 news media coverage in the U.S. and abroad (e.g., CBS News, ABC News, Fox News, CNN, etc.), July 4, 2006.
- “머리카락 한 올에 깃발 수십개 꽃을 수 있죠,” 중앙일보, 07-24-2006 (http://article.joinsmsn.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=4848855&cloc=olink|article|default).
- “Oh say can you see?” Small Times, September 2006 (featured article).
- “Silicon and lithium niobate bond at room temperature,” Laser Focus World, September, 2006 (featured article).